Quotes about travel are so powerful!
Not only can they stir up your sense of wanderlust, but truly inspiring quotes about travel can be THE reason you plan a trip. Or even what helps you realize your travel dreams when it seems everyone (even that voice in your head) is discouraging you.
The best quotes for travel are the ones that resonate and inspire action and the quotes in this guide have done that for me…and I hope will for you!
40 Quotes About Travel
That’ll Inspire and Motivate You
1. Wanderlust: (n) a strong desire or urge to explore the world
2. “The only trip you’ll regret is the one you don’t take.” – Unknown
3. You can’t have a narrow mind and a thick passport. – Pauline Frommer
4. “See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
5. “The world is too big to stay in one place.” – Raghavi Devaraj
6. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
Inspiring Quotes About Travel
What inspires you to travel? I’m drawn to new experiences and learning more about different people and places to challenge my norm. Really this post is FULL of inspiring quotes about travel but the ones listed in this section always have me shaking my head thinking, “Yes! The traveler who said this gets it!”
7. “Just go. Go see all the beauty in the world.” – Anonymous
8. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
9. “Travel because life is short and the world is huge.” – Anonymous
10. “Pictures just don’t do it justice.” – Unknown
11. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” – Unknown
12. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
Quotes About Traveling Alone
Are you thinking of taking a trip on your own? It’s one of the best gifts you can give yourself. But, I understand how daunting it can be to someone who has never taken a solo trip. I was so nervous and scared the first time I traveled on my own!
Start slowly. Book a shorter trip or a destination where the cultural differences aren’t as extreme. But go! And, if you’re still hesitating, these solo travel quotes are just what you need to get planning your own solo adventure.
13. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Unknown
14. “Live boldly. Take chances. It’s worth it to see what’s just out of sight.” – Unknown
15. “You are only confined by the walls you build yourself.” – Unknown
16. “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
17. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
18. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
19. “Time is the coin of your life. It’s the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it’ll be spent.” – Carl Sandburg
20. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.” – Chinese Proverb
Short Travel Quotes
Short and to the point. Who says you need a lot of words to deliver a powerful message? These short travel quotes beg to differ. 😉
21. “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
22. “When in doubt, travel.” – Alexandra Holovitz
23. “Not all classrooms have four walls.” – Anonymous
24. “Measure life by countries, not years.” – Unknown
25. “Don’t quit your day dream.” – Unknown
26. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Travel Life Quotes
Isn’t travel already a living, breathing metaphor within the journey of life? Travel opens your mind and teaches lessons to last a lifetime. For me, it’s taken away a lot of my worries and helped me understand how to be grateful for the present. These life and travel quotes can motivate you to seize the moment and recognize your place in the wider world.
27. “I don’t know the question. But travel is definitely the answer.” – Unknown
28. “Travel. Your money will return. Your time won’t.” – Unknown
29. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
30. “Travel makes you modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
31. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
32. “Explore. Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing the lawn.” – Jack Kerouac
33. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” – Richard Bach
34. “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” – Katie Thurmes
35. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
36. “Then there is the most dangerous risk of all…Not doing what you want on the bet that you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
Quotes for Travel and Adventure
What travel experience isn’t an adventure?! You can be in the wilds of the Okavango Delta or sightseeing in New York City, either way, it’s bound to be an adventure. So, naturally, quotes about adventures and travel just go together!
37. “Life is a journey. Make the most out of it.” – Unknown
38. “Take only memories. Leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
39. “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to begin.” – Winnie the Pooh
40. “I do believe it’s time for another adventure.” – Unknown
Where’s your next adventure? Have these quotes about travel inspired you to plan that long-awaited trip?
Like this post? Share it on social media using the share buttons below!