Are you a miles and points enthusiast looking for ways to easily earn more travel rewards? Travel hacking beginners often think you can only earn miles and points by actually traveling when, in fact, it’s quite the opposite. Flying, in particular, has become less and less lucrative for earning award miles. Nevertheless, there are many ways to earn travel rewards. Ironically, though, many of them have nothing to do with actually flying or staying in a hotel.
A few common miles and points earning strategies you probably already know include:
- Applying for travel rewards credit cards with lucrative sign-up bonuses. For example, in the fall of 2016, the Chase Sapphire Reserve offered 100k Ultimate Rewards Points after spending $4k in 3 months. This MEGA bonus is enough for flights and hotels domestically and abroad.
- Signing up for airline and hotel dining rewards. You’ll earn miles and points everytime you dine at a participating restaurant and use the credit card(s) you registered to your profile. It’s truly one of the easiest set-it-and-forget-it ways to earn travel rewards!
- Shopping within airline and hotel shopping portals for a bigger return, in the form of miles and points, on the money you spend. These shopping portals contain hundreds of stores where you likely already shop. By simply clicking to the store’s website through the portal, rather than going directly to the store, you can earn thousands of miles and points.
But, did you know that several airline and hotel brands allow you to earn miles and points for completing surveys and acting on promotional offers?
The surveys come from market research panels asking about your shopping habits and opinions about topics like food and electronics.
Promotional offers may include simply viewing an advertisement or signing up to receive a free brochure by mail.
If you have the time and are willing to share your opinions and shopping habits, you could earn a good amount of miles and points for airline and hotel redemptions. In addition, some airlines and hotels offer a mileage or points bonus just for signing up or completing your first survey within a given period of time.
I get offers by email and I act on the ones that interest me with no obligation otherwise. Simply sign up to begin getting surveys and earning miles and points.
How to Earn Miles and Points for Completing Surveys
1. e-Rewards is a market research opinion panel where you earn currency for completing surveys. At designated amounts, you can convert the currency into miles and points.
- e-Rewards airline and hotel partners include:
Before signing up with e-Rewards or any of the programs listed below, check the deals and promotions pages of your chosen airline or hotel loyalty program. If a sign-up link is included from there, it often includes a miles and points bonus for joining the program. Fill in the requested information on the e-Rewards application page to get started.
2. e-Miles offers promotions to view and/or buy products and services. Simply, click on the offers you are interested in and dismiss any you aren’t interested in. Don’t feel obligated if you’re offered a promotion to buy a product and service. No purchase is necessary to participate.
- Airline partners include United, Frontier, American, Southwest, and Alaska Airlines.
- Hotel Partners include Hilton and IHG.
3. Opinion Miles Club, offered by United MileagePlus, will send surveys you’re eligible for based on the information in your profile. You earn United miles that are deposited directly into your MileagePlus account when you complete a survey.
4. e-Rewards connected to Southwest Rapid Rewards, earns currency which can be exchanged for Rapid Rewards Points.
5. Points for Surveys, offered by JetBlue TrueBlue, allows you to earn TrueBlue Points.
You’ll need to consider how much time you’re willing and able to invest into completing surveys. You’ll receive surveys of varying length, some of which are time-consuming. However, none of the surveys are overly difficult and likely can be completed while watching TV or relaxing.
A couple of miles or points can be the difference between earning a reward flight or hotel night and having to pay out-of-pocket. Surveys are a great way to earn a few extra miles or points if you’re just shy of the redemption you’re hoping to book.
You could earn miles and points for completing surveys and these rewards can be redeemed for airline and hotel rewards. When used with other earning strategies, these offers can go a long way in increasing your miles and points balances.
Would you complete surveys to earn travel rewards? If you already take part in these programs, which has been the most lucrative for you?
Like this post? Please share it on social media using the share buttons below!